What a day!!! I've only been up for a few hours, but in those few hours, lots of good things have happened! The main one is that our passports were delivered today...now we can really go crazy with the paperwork!! ;) Another piece of mail we received today is confirmation that our I-600A was received by USCIS in Atlanta. Now we have to get our fingerprints done, so hopefully we can do that Monday afternoon.
We have our first homestudy appointment Monday afternoon...we are really excited! Lifeline in B'ham is doing our homestudy and Amy, the social worker, adopted a child from Russia back in 2004. So we are really excited to meet her and get things going on the homestudy front!! After the appointment (assuming there's a fingerprint office in B'ham), we're gonna run get our fingerprints done so that those can be processed & all they'll be waiting on is our homestudy report.
One last thing before I close out ... please be praying for the relationship between the US & Russia. I heard on the news that things are a little unstable right now, so please pray that things settle down and this will not interfere with our process!! We've been shown time & time again (just since starting this blog, even) that prayer is very powerful, and we appreciate all the prayers that you have taken the time to send up for us. So I thank you in advance for praying about this particular thing.
Well, back to jewelry-making...one of my good friends at church, Shannon, is having a jewelry party at her house on Thursday night, and she says she thinks it's going to be pretty big (I hope so!), so I'm trying to make sure I've got a variety of jewelry for people to buy Mother's Day gifts (or just a little splurge on themselves!)
One last thing (I guess y'all have determined that I can never close out in just one paragraph - ha ha)...I've had a few requests to see our passport pics. I asked Nathan & he's fine with it, so if I can get brave enough to put my terrible picture on here, I may try to scan & post those (just the pics, mom, don't worry, no personal info! ;) because for some reason, I guess I got some of you curious to see the pictures! ha ha!
Now...I'm really out! Have a wonderful weekend!!! :)
Labels: International Adoption, Paperwork