Hi there!! First, let me say that we had a busy but really good weekend! We went up to North Alabama for the day on Saturday, for Nathan's family reunion. The family had planned a big yard sale to benefit our Adoption Fund -- called up my family, who donated a bunch of stuff, too -- and did very well, especially despite the heat! So THANK YOU, THANK YOU, to all of you who had a part in making that yard sale so successful! You all are wonderful and we love you!!!
This morning was interesting before it even started! I had a really bad dream & woke up quite upset...but went on to get up so that Nathan & I could go to the gym. Well, he locked his keys in his truck, so we spent 20 minutes trying to get into the thing (imagine the people going by on the busy road, seeing us both with coathangers jammed down in the door...at 5:30 in the morning! I'm sure we were quite a sight!)...finally got the keys, and then ended up not really having the time to go to the gym. Instead, we pulled out the bikes to go for a ride...well, 1/4 of the way into our ride, my bike pedal flew off! We were able to get it on good enough for me to ride a ways before it would come off again (how pitiful). So our ride was mixed with stopping to screw the bike pedal back on. I almost got myself hit by a car.... but let me tell you that our neighborhood wakes up EARLY! We must have seen 4 people out walking their dogs, and several others just walking! We haven't seen that side of the neighbhorhood yet, so it was really nice. But other than that, what a morning -- it was just a comedy of errors. I kept telling myself (& Nathan) that we would end up laughing at our morning, and on my way to work this morning, I finally DID laugh). ;)
Back to adoption stuff, I got a call from Amy yesterday...she forwarded our homestudy on to Natalia at CHI for her to look over it. It seems that AS SOON AS we get our ABI/FBI clearance letters in, we'll be good to go for our homestudy to be finished! Y'all are probably about as tired of hearing about the ABI/FBI stuff as I am talking about it...but soon enough, soon enough, it'll all be in and ready to send off! (hopefully soon enough will be sooner rather than later!! ha!)
Alright, I'd better post this before time to start my day. Have a great one!!!
(P.S., I got an email from Elle, and my problem is my pictures...I've got to do them a certain way for the blog to look correct. So bear with me...I'm working on it! :)
Labels: Comedy of Errors, Family, International Adoption, Paperwork