We may or may not ever be able to make an announcement that "we're pregnant"...but we have come to understand that the blessing is the fact that however parenthood happens, it is a miracle! ....... Now we have been home with our precious blessing from Russia since August 2007. Join us on our fun and crazy ride that we call "life with this child of mine."
Friday, June 30, 2006
Hello from the Road!
And when I say "Road," I literally mean the road! Nathan is driving and I am typing (we're on our way to Foley to see his grandparents). Actually, I had to turn on the computer a few minutes ago, to look at the online map to see if we were on the right track (ends up we are), and I thought I would post really quickly.

We were coming through Mobile earlier, and had to go over a pretty significant bridge...if you know me well, you'll know that I am almost phobic of bridges (when I was a kid, my mom had a blowout on the middle of the BB Comer in Jackson Co, AL -- all 4 of us kids were with her, and we were scared to DEATH - or at least I was!). Anyway, I come very close to having a phobia of bridges and as I said as much to Nathan, it occurred to me that I actually married one! haha! Luckily, my phobia only extends to the type that stretch out over water -- and not the living, breathing type... ;) Dumb thought, I know, but it was pretty entertaining, I guess :)

Well, I'd best get off this computer. Just wanted to do something I've never done before!! Have a great weekend!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hmmm...maybe that runs in the family? I'm terrified to drive over bridges! But that's funny that you married one :o)
~Cher~
*wish I could remember my login info*

Blogger Melissa said...
Yes, Cher, maybe it runs in the family...I had a fear long before we broke down on the middle of the BB Comer, but that just pretty much sealed it!

Jenny -- YES! We are using the Brentwood office. Isn't Natalia wonderful?? If you read this, please email me, so I have a way of contacting you...I'd love to talk a little more with you! :) mbridges@bama.ua.edu

Anonymous Anonymous said...
HA! HA! HA! (Laughing Out Loud)
Bridges!
---L

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I think your fear began when you were little & Wendy was going w/ us to Ft.Payne & she had some sort of silly story a/b the bridge collapsing or some such thing...but the blow-out was a scary moment -- the sad thing was that no one stopped to help a mother & four young children -- three of which were very frightened & one of which slept through the whole thing :o)

A/b the hurrying up & waiting, just remember that each day is to be treasured, because we don't know what tomorrow will bring...it's kind of that way with an empty nest -- as much as I enjoyed my time as a mother & being very involved in your lives, I had to learn how to enjoy time after those years and as you know we are loving it! So as the saying goes, today is called the present b/c each day is a gift :o)
love you, mom

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Just remember...

God has brought you to it...
He will bring you through it!!!

Love you!
~Cher~