In the next day or two, I will be making the transition to a new blog - new look, new address. I love this blog - this is where it all started, and it is a comfortable place for me...so, the decision has been drawn out and, as far as decisions like this go, difficult for me........
When we first came home with Iliya, I had toyed with the idea of creating an entirely new blog. I struggled with what to do, because, for me, "The Road Home" was the story of how Nathan & I became parents, and I wanted to create a blog that was the next chapter in our life together as a family of 3. However, every time I thought about creating a whole new blog, I was faced with one problem in my mind: I feel that our life is just that -- our life. From the moment we decided to adopt... until this very moment...and continuing through any subsequent life changes we may undergo. And I decided, then, that I didn't want to have to refer back to old blogs in order to keep up with things that happened in our life as a family.
Fortunately, waaaay back in 2006 (wow!) I had chosen a "Bl0gger address" (child-of-mine) that helped me make a very easy final decision: my blog was simply went from "The Road Home" to "(Life With This) Child of Mine."
It was perfect & has served us well for the past 2 years!
But...
Ever since I started a photography blog, last year, and was introduced to W0rdpress, I have felt severely limited by Bl0gger (I suspect this only means something to those of you who blog).......so, I have determined that it is finally time to make a move.
But...
You know how I mentioned that - a couple years ago - I hadn't been a fan of keeping several different blogs in different places? Well, I still feel the same way, now...I would like to have it all in one place. So...I am in the process of actually transitioning all of my posts to the new blog. Everything from April 2006 will be there, to make the transition easier for all of us (well, at least for me). Some of my posts have lost their formatting - and I will slowly work on fixing that - but they will all be there.
Lest you - (and I) who don't like change - worry,
This blog is actually not going anywhere. It will close to any new posts - so to follow us, you'll have to go to my new site. But if you're like me, and just need to look at it sometimes, it will be here for you come back in for a walk down memory lane.
I have an October Recap post almost ready to go, but I'm going to save it...so, I guess the next time you hear from me, it will be an announcement of my new blog address. So hang on tight...the wait won't be long!
I would love to hear how you are transitioning so many posts to the new blog. I too like the options with wordpress and would love to hear more.
:) Hugs!
Adrienne